I believe, everyone has recommendations for all kinds of things. Places to visit, movies, music, things to do, restaurants, hotels, airlines, websites, software, electronics, shops, recipes, books, …a ton of things we experience in life and form opinions about.
Here is the list of things I have liked so far – I am hoping they won’t put my reputation at risk if I recommend them.
Places to visit:
I have not really been a world traveler in a true sense of the word but from my limited set of destinations, here is what I liked the most:
- Switzerland: Undoubtedly first on my list – I can pinpoint some places like Lucerne, Zermatt, Interlaken which I liked the most. But I think the whole country is wonderful.
- New Zealand: Definitely makes it in my list.
- India – Mumbai: Don’t get surprised, this is my birthplace and I love it. It’s a city with its goods and bads. But there is no place like that.
Books to read:
I used to read a lot of books when I was younger, now I mostly read websites.. It is sad, but that’s where the whole world seems to be going. However, I truly believe, nothing can replace a physical book. The satisfaction of holding one in your hand, owning it is unparalleled. Here is a partial unordered list – I have forgotten many of the good ones.
- The 5 people you meet in heaven – Mitch Albom
- The Infinite Book
- Fountainhead – Ayn Rand
- War and Peace – Toystoy
- Omen – I, II. III
There are lots of movies, and I can’t really put them in order of preference.
- Terminator – II, III
- Independence Day
- Superman – I, II, III
- Star Wars – I through VI
- Harry Potter – I through III
- Time Machine
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
- Hindi: The Bollywood is a huge movie industry churning out hundreds of movies each year. I think Indians are romantic at heart and they like to dream a lot. The bollywood movies offer a lot of that.
- Jab We Met
- Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
This page is going to remain “under construction” for obvious reasons..